Steps to change bank account in Zerodha
Do you wish to change the existing bank account which is linked to Zerodha Trading and Demat account? Let’s discuss how to change the bank account in Zerodha and help you with a few frequently asked questions on the same.
Zerodha allows you to change the existing bank account, along with is you can add two more secondary accounts(if required).
Zerodha doesn’t offer online account modification, as a result, you need to do it offline mode using the below steps.
First things first
Download Zerodha account modification request form and follow the below steps
Download the ‘Account modification form’ using the above link.
- Get it print and fill the form accurately.
- Add required proof of the new bank account.
- Send the duly filled form to the below address.
Zerodha office, Bangalore #153/154 4th Cross Dollars Colony, Opp. Clarence Public School, J.P Nagar 4th Phase, Bangalore - 560078
Below are the accepted bank proofs
- Canceled cheque (It must have your name, Account details including IFSC code)
- Bank statement (with IFSC Code and MICR No.) (printed self-attested copy)
- Bank passbook (self-attested photocopy)
- When you have cheque without a name and bank statement without the complete account number on it. give a try to merge them and send it across (You may check with the Zerodha team on this).
The fee associated with this change:
- ₹25 will be charged for the modification (+18% GST is extra).
- It may take ~ 24 hours after they receive your form.
Frequently asked questions:
You are allowed to add two more secondary accounts along with one existing primary account.
Yes, you can add money using all the accounts.
No, You can withdraw funds to the primary account.
Note: Investing in the securities market/stock markets are subject to market risks. Read all the related documents carefully before investing.